Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Dotmom in Frisco

I had the privilege of going to Frisco this last weekend with some friends to a Christian women's conference called Dotmom put on by Lifeway.  It was amazing in every way and just what this Mama needed.  I felt like every speaker was speaking directly to me and the music was amazing!  We got to attend 4 small break out sessions and we chose the ones we wanted to go to.  There were so many that looked good but I chose Preventive Discipline, Raising Boys, Fashion on a Dime for Moms and Understanding the Emotional Needs of Young Children.  I learned so much and have already tried some of the things out this week with my kids.  I left feeling so refreshed and ready to be the mom that God designed me to be.

It was also a nice break from reality and we stayed in a hotel for two nights and ate out and did some shopping.  I seriously did not want the weekend to end.  I was able to meet some famous bloggers that I have been following for years (Kelly from Kelly's Korner, Megan from Tales of the Trees and Melanie from Big Mama) that were also attending the conference.  I had the chance to meet up with Jackie, Mrs. Horstmann and sweet little Taryn for dinner Saturday night but forgot to get a picture with them.  Lauren and 5 of her friends from College Station also went so that was a bonus getting to hang out with all of them too.  We stayed up way too late both nights in the hotel talking which was so much fun!  I'm hoping to make it an annual trip because it was that good!  If you ever have an opportunity to attend a Dotmom conference I highly recommend it.  It will change your life!

A special thank you to Clifton and my parents for helping take care of the kids all weekend while I was away.  I was happy to get back to my little family :)










1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! I'm sorry I'm just getting a chance to comment, but I'm so glad I got to meet you last week! So fun!! I am excited to keep up with you through the blogging world! Looks like you had an awesome time at Dot Mom as well, I already miss it! :-)

    ReplyDelete