Monday, April 7, 2014

Potty Training Molly

We decided once we got home from New Braunfels over spring break that it was time to start potty training Molly.  She had been taking off her diaper multiple times a day to use the potty herself so I figured we would give it a shot.  I did pretty much the same thing I did with Layton and got a bunch of "potty prizes" from the dollar section at Target and let her pick out one big thing for her big prize.  She picked out a diaper bag full of goodies to use with her dolls and we put it all at the top of the bathroom closet.  She helped me make a potty chart and I explained to her every time she went she would get a sticker and after 5 stickers she would get to pick a prize.  The big prize was for when she pooped in the potty.  The first few days were rough she had multiple accidents and I was constantly cleaning up messes.  After 3 days she started telling me when she needed to go and then after about a week she finally pooped on the potty.  She still isn't comfortable going out in public on the big potty so we just haul her little one around for now.  I'm so proud of how quickly she caught on.  In the last two weeks she has had 2 accidents so I think she is doing so good with it.  I'll be glad once this little phase is over and she is comfortable going wherever.  She is so independent she will hardly let me help her.  Here she is reading on the potty when Aunt Amanda was here to visit lol. 




No comments:

Post a Comment