Monday, March 9, 2009

26 weeks and counting. . . .


I decided to start a blog because this will be the easiest way to keep in touch with so many of my close friends and family and I know once the baby arrives life is going to be crazy for awhile. I can update all of you on what the baby is doing each week and post pictures. Well as many of you know by now it is a boy and we have decided on the name Layton James Shearrer. Clifton had a friend in college with the name Layton and he has always liked it and I have too so the name just seemed right.

I had my monthly check up last week and everything was good. We heard the baby's heartbeat again which is so awesome to hear everytime we go. At my next appt. on March 31st (29 weeks) they will be doing another sonogram to check on my placenta to see if it has moved at all to determine if I have to have a c-section. I've been blessed throughout my whole pregnancy and haven't had to deal with any kind of sickness which I'm thankful for that. I've also been able to continue working out thus far which has helped me a lot. Not sure what I would do if I was told I couldn't work out anymore.

This weekend Clifton helped me hang curtains in Layton's room and it turned out so cute. I'll try and take some pictures of the progress so far. We have the furniture and the bedding all set up. I'm still waiting on a few more of the accessories to come in that match everything. This weekend we also got the chicco travel system thanks to Grandma Hindes so we put the stroller together and I had fun pushing it around the house practicing.

This next weekend we are hosting Leslie and John Paul's baby shower at our house so we also spent a lot of time this weekend cleaning house, cleaning off the front and back porches and I planted a bunch of flowers. Everything looks so nice now we are ready for the party.

I've moved into a new position at work so now I'm a SOX internal auditor. I am now one of the people in our company that audits our internal controls to make sure they are working effectively so when the external auditors come they can check them. I'm now trying to work a flexible schedule of 7:15-4:15 which has helped with missing the traffic. It has been nice getting home earlier in the evenings. I've enjoyed my new position so far and am looking forward to having more flexibility once the baby arrives and less overtime in my new role.

The picture above was taken last weekend at 25 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment