Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Valentine's Wreath

I was feeling a little crafty last week and was looking for something to make our house a little more festive for Valentines Day. I came across this really neat blog http://theidearoom.blogspot.com/ and decided I wanted to make a Valentines wreath. I bought the stuff at Hobby Lobby to make it and decided it would be more fun if I had someone to do it with so I asked Lauren and Cooper to come over to the house Friday. We did finger painting in the morning with the boys and then after lunch while Layton was napping and Cooper played we started the wreaths. It was more time consuming than I thought but it was relaxing and Lauren and I got a chance to just talk and catch up while we worked on them. We weren't able to finish them that afternoon but I think we both ended up staying up late that night finishing the wreaths. Here is the link to the instructions on how to make one if you are interested. It was super easy and inexpensive.

http://theidearoom.blogspot.com/2010/01/felt-heart-wreath.html

You start with a foam heart shaped wreath and lots of red felt. We cut 3" circles of red felt out to cover the wreath. You just fold the circles in half twice and use straight pins to attach them. It gives the effect of roses on the wreath.


Here is Lauren starting her wreath.
This is the finished product. I'm happy with the way they turned out. Now we are officially ready to celebrate Valentine's Day at our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment