Sunday, October 31, 2010

Road Trip to Dallas

Last weekend we took our longest road trip ever with Layton to Dallas to visit my good friend Jackie and her husband Jared. We made it up there by Friday evening and had a wonderful dinner at Babe's one of my favorite restaurants in that area. We hung out and watched the Rangers game that night after we put Layton to bed. Layton slept amazing at their house and decided to sleep until 10 on Saturday morning so Clifton and I took advantage of that and slept in as well. I can't even remember the last time I have slept that late. Jackie made us a yummy big breakfast and then we all went to the Dallas Aquarium. Layton had fun looking at all the different animals and Jackie and I had fun taking pictures. Layton loved Jackie and Jared's two dogs Rusty and Goose he had fun playing with them and they weren't sure what to think about such a little person staying at their house with them. We let Layton nap that afternoon and we just relaxed back at their house before we went and had another delicious dinner at Fireside Pies. We had some awesome pizza and sangria wine. Jackie and I ended up staying up Saturday night until 2 just talking and catching up and it was so nice to have an entire weekend to hang out with them. We got up and had brunch before we hit the road to head home. Layton slept an hour and half on the way home but by the time we got to Buda he was ready for a break so we stopped at Cabela's and let him run around there for a little bit. It was a long drive but so worth it. I can't wait to go visit them again. Here are some pictures from our fun weekend in Dallas.

In the rain forest area of the aquarium:
Checking out the waterfall with daddy.

Looking at the shark tank above us.
Sitting in front of the sharks:
There were so many beautiful aquariums.

Watching the manatees swim

Headed out for dinner
Layton was being silly that night
These were taken at Cabela's on our drive back home

1 comment:

  1. So happy you guys made the trip too!! I will get some of my pictures when I get home! I love it when I have a post of my very own. It happens rarely, but when it does, it's the best! Can't wait to see you guys in November (yay!!! that's THIS month now! :) )

    ReplyDelete