Saturday, June 25, 2011

Father's Day


Happy Father’s Day to Clifton and my Dad!

We were in Rockport on Father’s Day this year but unfortunately Clifton had to leave Saturday night to head back home so he could be at church on Sunday morning for the ground breaking ceremony for the roping arena.  He was in charge of getting everything set up that morning so Layton and I didn’t get to spend the day with Clifton.  We celebrated on Saturday with Clifton though.  I did get to spend most of the day with my dad.  We pretty much packed up that day and cleaned up the R.V. and loaded all the stuff before I had to head to South Padre Island for some continuing education for my C.P.A. license.  Nana and Papa were so nice to take Layton back to Pleasanton in the motor home with them.  Clifton and Layton were on there own until Tuesday night when I got home.  We celebrated some on Saturday and Layton got his daddy some new reef flip flops and a huge tube to take to the lake that you sit in and relax.  I’m anxious to try it out next time we take the boat out.

Layton and I are so blessed to have Clifton in our lives.  I couldn’t have asked for a better daddy for Layton.  I love that he takes time everyday to play with him and he helps me so much just take care of all the little things.  I know as Layton grows older he will be spending lots and lots of time with daddy outside so I’m cherishing these years where he is still little and wants to be with me inside.  Clifton always takes time to talk to Layton and teach him things and I'm so thankful for that.

I also want to wish my own dad a very happy Father’s day.  He is such a great dad to all of my siblings and has been a great example for me.  I’ve always been daddy’s little girl where as my sister was more of a momma’s girl.  I’m so thankful that my dad and I have such a great relationship.  My dad always puts all of us (his kids and our spouses) before himself and always has.  He made a lot of sacrifices for us while we were growing up and now that I’m older and have a family of my own I see this more and more and appreciate everything.  We had so much fun in Rockport thanks so much for everything!

My all time favorite picture of my dad and I.
 Some father/son time on the beach.

The day Clifton became a daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment