Sunday, June 12, 2011

Layton's New Bed

Layton's new bunk beds were delivered this past week and he has done so well with the transition from the crib to the big bed.  I was a little nervous about him having freedom to get out when he chooses but he has done really well.  I lay down with him at night and read him his books and then I tell him goodnight and so far he has stayed in his bed and gone to sleep by himself every night.  Nap time the other day he was testing me and got up 3 times and was playing with toys in his room and climbing up to the top bunk.  After a little discipline he took a 3 hour nap :)  I think he was just testing the waters.  He is so quiet in the mornings though when he wakes up he comes out of his room and over to my side of the bed and wakes me up.  He always wants to get in bed with us and watch Mickey Mouse in the mornings.  He has been sleeping until 8 but this morning was 7 but he sat there quietly and watched t.v. while Clifton and I snoozed a little.  Hopefully during the week Clifton will hear him wake up in the mornings because I'm always gone to work by the time they get up.  Here are some pictures of him in his crib the last night.  I got a little emotional thinking about it.  He is turning into such a little boy all of the sudden.


Here he is asleep in the crib on his last night.


 Sleeping in his big boy bed.  There are steps on one side with drawers and a built in dresser and toy closet on the other.  The nice thing is we didn't have to buy a new dresser it is all built in.  I'm still shopping for some new bedding to match his curtains that are already in his room.

No comments:

Post a Comment