Sunday, September 23, 2012

Crazy Weekend

Last weekend did not go as planned to say the least.  I feel like I'm just now catching up on life and things are slowly returning to normal around here.  It all started the Tuesday before last Clifton came home complaining of a stomach ache.  Every evening that week he would come home and just lay on the couch and complain.  All of you that know Clifton know this is not like him at all.  He usually comes home changes clothes and works outside around the house on something until I have dinner ready or it is dark.  By Friday I convinced him to go to the doctor and he couldn't get in anywhere in town so he finally went to Urgent Care that morning.  He calls me around lunch time and tells me the doctor thinks it is his appendix and is sending him to San Antonio for a CT scan.  He then tells me if it is his appendix that he will be having surgery later that day.  I went into panic mode not only was I worried about Çlifton but my best friend Jackie's baby shower which I was helping host was the next day.  I got to work in the kitchen making all the food I was in charge of for the shower all afternoon and finishing up the decorations.  A few hours later I heard from Clifton and it was his appendix so they sent him over to the ER at SW General Hospital.  Thankfully my parents were available to help me with the kids and they came over to pick them up and my mom also helped me ice cookies and finish up some of the food.  Deborah and I headed to San Antonio that evening to be with Clifton.  Once we got there we realized he wouldn't be having surgery until the next morning because no one was in a hurry to do anything that night.  Thankfully Clifton wasn't doubled over in pain because it had not ruptured yet so it wasn't an emergency. 

I got home late Friday night and Clifton's dad decided to stay with him at the hospital.  In all my craziness of packing for the kids and finishing up the shower stuff I forgot my pump so I knew I had to go home.  I was up late that night getting all the shower stuff finished and then packed my stuff and headed to my parents house to try to get some sleep.  At this point the surgery was still not scheduled so I was just waiting to hear from Clifton and then head back to the hospital early in the morning.  Morning came and still nothing so I tried to get some sleep and helped my parents with the kids so they could finish packing for their trip to New Mexico.  I finally decided to head up to San Antonio around 10 so I could drop off all the shower stuff at the girls house who was hosting it and then headed to the hospital.  While I was doing this they quickly decided to take Clifton back to surgery.  By the time I got to the hospital they would not let me see him.  Thankfully the surgery was quick and the doctor came and got me about 12:30 to go see him.  Clifton was awake and in recovery.  Needless to say Saturday was a long day for both of us but thankfully we were able to go home that night.  That hospital was very interesting and poor Clifton did not have his own room.  He was a really good sport about everything though.  He was able to start walking shortly after the surgery which helped with his recovery.  Layton spent the night with Grandpa Corky and Granny Leigh and my parents brought Molly to us once we got home.  Deborah helped me so much on Sunday with the kids and helping me take care of Clifton.  It was a rainy dreary day so a good day to lay around and stay inside.  Clifton stayed home and rested a few days but by the end of the week he was working again.  Clifton is doing much better but still can not lift anything really heavy so he can't help much with the kids.  Molly is too heavy for him to hold so that has been hard on both of us.  He goes to the doctor for a checkup tomorrow so I'm anxious to see what the doctor says.  Unfortunately I missed Jackie's shower on Saturday.  I had worked so hard on everything and have been sewing the last three months on her gifts.  Thankfully I saw her briefly while I was dropping off the food and got to see her open her gift. 

We both just happened to be wearing our Aggie shirts that day :)


 The wreath and banner I made for the shower.
When you see your husband go through something like this it really has made me realize how much I appreciate him and everything he does around here.  Thankfully nothing really serious was wrong with him and he is doing so much better now.  So thankful to have him in my life!!!  Love you babe!  I also want to thank all the grandparents for helping me with the kids last weekend.  It makes me realize how blessed we are to live near all of our family.  I knew I didn't have to worry about the kids because they were being well taken care of and maybe a little spoiled too.

No comments:

Post a Comment