Monday, March 25, 2013

All about Layton

It has been awhile since I've written a post all about Layton so what has that crazy 3 year old been up to lately?  He is keeping me busy these days for sure and talks non stop.  Literally he starts at 7:30 in the morning and doesn't stop until bed time.  He is trying to transition out of taking a nap and most days he does fine without one but some days he just really needs one.  It depends on what we have going on in the evening and whether or not he is at Mother's Day Out as to whether or not I force him to take a nap.  He goes to MDO on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-3.  He loves his little school and is so well behaved for his teachers.  He acts so much better for everyone else than me which is frustrating at times. 

He is very protective of Molly and is always helping her or looking out for her.  At home he also likes to take things away from her just to hear her scream we have just started this lately.  Molly finally has an opinion and is starting to fight back which makes things interesting. 

Layton loves music!!!  He wants to listen to music on the Ipad or my phone all day long and would if I let him.  It wears me out but he knows the lyrics to so many songs it is kind of crazy.  He corrects me in the car if I tell him the wrong singer on the radio.  He has also mentioned in the last few weeks that he really wants to learn to play the guitar or fiddle so we may get him into some lessons once he is older.  His memory is pretty incredible he can hear songs twice and start singing along word for word.  His favorite cd that he wants to hear every time we get in the car is the Cowboy Fellowship Band cd.  There are a few songs on there that Uncle Daniel sings and those are his favorite along with Leaning on the Everlasting Arms.   

He never meets a stranger and will talk to anyone and everyone when we are out and about.  You never know what he might tell someone.  I took him to get his haircut last week and he told the lady cutting his hair, "Can you please do something with my hair it is out of control."  She couldn't stop laughing at him.  Then at Dairy Queen last week we were having lunch with my parents and there was a big group of oil field workers there and one of them did resemble Darius Rucker.  He loudly said "Momma look it is Darius Rucker he is at Dairy Queen."  Lol.

He loves to play outside and asks me constantly when are we going outside.  He wants to ride his bike or play on the playscape or in the dirt.  He is all boy!  If he can find a water hose he is playing in it.  He loves to play in the water and make a huge mess.  He also loves to ride the tractor with Clifton and gets excited when he takes him to the tractor barn at Sharon's house with him.  He still loves to read books with me and we read before nap time and bed time.  He now will sit and listen to really long stories which is nice.  He has finally gotten more into watching kids movies.  His favorite is Polar Express and he watches it year round.  Other than that he likes his little Mighty Machines dvds and a few other ones.

The other day he was talking about a mariachi band and he said "Momma look there is one of those kolache bands."  It was so cute I had to laugh.

His favorite toys are still his trucks and tractors and any thing he can build with.  He loves to pretend and has a great imagination.  Just recently he has started playing with Molly more and he likes to boss her around.  He loves to build barns for his tractors or pretend he has a construction site.  I could sit here and write about him for hours he is just so much fun.  This is a great age and challenging too because he has been asking some hard questions lately.  He is learning so much about everything and wants an explanation as to why things are the way they are. 

I'm so thankful for you Layton and so excited for you and Molly to have a little brother in the next few months.  I love spending my days with you and Molly.  I cherish our times together because I know I will look up and you will be starting school soon.  I love you to the moon and back!

Momma


No comments:

Post a Comment