Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Happy 2nd Birthday Molly

Molly is 2 now!  We had fun celebrating our sweet girl last week.  She really enjoyed her birthday this year and had fun singing Happy Birthday to me (lol) to herself.  It was really cold on her actual birthday so we stayed home and played mostly and then went over to my parents house and they watched the kids so I could run a few errands to get things ready for the small party we had for her last Saturday.

Mollybug,

You are one of a kind girly girl and we just love you to pieces!  You are so serious and determined at times and then so silly, funny and can make all of us die laughing too.  We are so proud of you for handling us taking the pacifier away during the week of Christmas.  You handled it so much better than I thought you would.  I do miss the long naps you used to take with it but you are slowly learning to sleep without it.  You are such a sweet big sister and have had to grow up too quick this last year.  I still feel like you are my baby too.  You love to keep up with your big brother and think you should be able to do everything that he does.  I love to watch you two laugh and play together.  You are really into playing with your babies and being a good little Mommy to them.  You are such a great helper with Parker and bring me diapers and help me give him a bath and are very concerned when he is crying.  I love your sweet spirit and can't wait to see what you will grow up to be like.  I'm sure God has some special plans for your life.  Love you to the moon and back!

Mommy

We went to Molly's well visit today and she is very tall and really big for her age. 

weight 39.7 lbs (off the charts)
height 37" 98th percentile

The doctor talked to us about limiting portions and being more mindful of how much she is eating so we are making some changes now so she doesn't struggle with this long term.  She is now on skim milk and can have all the fruits and veggies she likes.  I'm going to have to get more creative on sneaking in more veggies for her because she loves fruit and is my picky eater for sure.  Here are a few pics from her actual birthday last week.  Molly also got her first haircut on her birthday from Nana.  She just trimmed up the back in hopes that it would grow a little thicker.  Poor girl doesn't have much hair yet.





 Opening presents at Papa and Nana's house.  Can you tell she was excited about her minnie mouse purse?

 Molly's 1st Haircut




 Daniel and Lauren came into town later that night and Layton and Cooper had so much fun playing together.


No comments:

Post a Comment