Saturday, June 27, 2009

The first week!

Jackie meeting Layton
Layton meeting his great grandma Hindes
Cooper checking out his new cousin
Mommy and Layton
Layton with Juli
All ready for bed
Layton with his boxing gloves on
Uncle Carter and aunt Laura
Aunt Amanda
Layton with great grandma Hill

We survived the first week at home with Layton. He has been sticking to his great sleeping/feeding schedule I hope he continues with it. We are going 3 to 4 hours at night between feedings and he is more alert and awake during the day. The days have been flying by I can't believe how fast they go. I look up and before I know it Clifton is home from work ready to take Layton and talk to him and hold him. We are enjoying him so much I still can't believe he is here. I feel like he is a pretty easy baby so far he loves his swing and bouncy seat. I just move his seat from room to room depending on what I'm trying to get done. It is hard to get chores done around the house because all I want to do is hold him and just stare at him. We have been blessed with so many close friends and family stopping by and bringing lots of yummy food so we haven't had to cook dinner yet which has been awesome. Layton is most alert in the evenings from about 4 to midnight and takes just a few short naps during that time so daddy gets to see him wide eyed and awake usually. He usually goes back down to sleep after the 7:00 feeding in the mornings so we have been taking advantage of sleeping in with him while we can. I got out of the house on Wednesday and had lunch at Juli's house, went by my parent's house and then took him to meet his great grandma Hindes and Joe. He was awake most of the day he didn't want to miss anything. He loves his car seat and always manages to fall asleep in it though. Here are some pictures of Layton from the first week at home Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading about your time with Layton and how he's growing up! I can't wait to see you guys again!!

    ReplyDelete