Friday, September 11, 2009

Back to work

I survived my first week back at work. It was the hardest week I have had in a long time. I missed Layton so much during the day but each day got easier. Layton seemed to adjust very well which made things easier on me knowing he was happy. Thankfully it was a four day week. Trying to get back into the groove of things is going to take some time. I was exhausted by the end of the week. Getting up at 5 every morning to get everything done is tiring after having twelve weeks at home with no real schedule. I don't know how moms do it that have more than one kid and work. Clifton is getting to spend some time with Layton every morning after I leave for work so I'm thankful they have that time with just the two of them.

One day after work this week I decided to try out the jogging stroller with Layton. I was really wanting to get some exercise in but wanted to spend time with Layton since I hadn't seen him all day. He loved it! We went down our road and back and he eventually fell asleep. Pushing the stroller while trying to jog was a great workout for mommy too. Here are a few recent pics of Layton. He is now 12 weeks old and his new thing is to suck his thumb. We are trying to prevent him from doing this so every time we see him doing it we stick the pacifier in his mouth. He just started laughing out loud too. Clifton likes to bounce him really fast in his bouncer and he laughs and thinks it is great. Layton likes to stand in your lap when you are holding him. His legs are getting stronger and now it is hard to get him to sit down.



No comments:

Post a Comment