Monday, September 7, 2009

Amanda's Bachelorette Party

This past weekend was Amanda's Bachelorette Party in Austin. I survived my first night away from Layton. Nana and Papa took care of Layton while I was away. It was a good thing I had my parents watch him because Clifton was sick all weekend so everything worked out. I got up really early Saturday morning and fed Layton and held him for awhile and then headed to Austin and met up with all the girls at the hotel where everyone was staying and we headed to Lake Travis. We rented a big party boat for a few hours and it was a lot of fun. The sun finally came out the last two hours we were there which was nice. The lake was really low but it was still very pretty out there. We spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out in the hotel and then that evening we ordered pizza and had a lingerie shower for Amanda. We went out in downtown Austin that night. It was a lot of fun but very tiring. I was feeling old all weekend hanging out with Amanda and all of her young friends; I don't have the energy like I used to. Needless to say we didn't get much sleep Saturday night. Trying to keep up with 16 girls on 6th Street was a challenge but we made it back safely to the hotel with everyone. I missed Layton so much and was glad to get up early on Sunday morning and drive home to see him. I'm glad the weekend turned out great I was a little nervous because there was so much planning involved trying to coordinate with all 16 girls but I think everyone had a great time! Now we can look forward to Amanda's wedding in just a few weeks. Here are a few pictures from the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment