Sunday, May 16, 2010

Almost made it

. . . . to a year without Layton getting sick. Poor baby woke up from his nap on Friday with fever. His temp was 102.5 so I called the pediatrician and they told me to bring him in that afternoon. In the middle of the big rain we had that day I loaded up Layton and drove to San Antonio. I'm glad I took him because she said he has the infant hand foot mouth virus that is going around. Basically there is nothing we can do except give him tylenol for the fever. We have been staying home this weekend just giving him lots of extra cuddles and lots of rocking. He has been fussy and isn't eating much and is fighting sleep. Friday night was rough I was home by myself because Clifton was on a fishing trip and Layton and I were up almost all night. I got him to sleep finally about three and then thirty minutes later a big thunderstorm came and woke him up. Thankfully Clifton came home Saturday afternoon so I was able to nap a little. Layton is doing much better today and hasn't had fever since Saturday morning.

He wouldn't take a nap Saturday morning and I didn't have the patience to listen to him cry in his bed so I went ahead and gave him some lunch. I was on the phone with my mom and I look over and he is out. I guess he sat still long enough to realize that he was really tired.


Here is a video I took of him on Friday night he kept saying Papa over and over. I was trying to get him to drink some pedialyte but he wasn't really interested in that or his dinner that night.



No comments:

Post a Comment