Friday, September 2, 2011

Weekend at Carter and Laura's

We headed to the Woodlands in the Houston area to Carter and Laura's on Thursday evening after work with Nana and Papa.  My mom's car was packed full and lets just say the ride there was long and interesting.  Layton didn't take a nap that day for Grammy D and he was so tired and cranky it made for a long trip.  We were so glad to get there Thursday night.  We spent our time there hanging out at Carter and Laura's beautiful new home.  Layton had fun going to the neighborhood park everyday and swimming at their community pool.  Daniel and Lauren came over with the kids on Friday night and Laura cooked us a delicious home made Italian dinner.  Friday morning and Saturday morning we even got to talk to Amanda and Jerrod on Skype which was a treat.  I hadn't actually seen Amanda since she left and Layton loved talking to his aunt and uncle.  Saturday after taking the kids swimming my mom, Laura, Lauren and myself all went shopping while the guys and kids napped back at the house.  It was so much fun shopping with them and without all the kids for a change.  We never get to do that.  I managed to pick up some really cute little outfits and accessories for our sweet baby girl.  I also decided on some baby bedding at Pottery Barn Kids and got that as well.  I'm so excited to start decorating the nursery.  Saturday was our 6th Anniversary and Clifton brought me a huge coral rose and a sweet card.  We really didn't get to do anything special that day so we are going to dinner and a movie tonight to celebrate.  I can't believe it has been 6 years already.  These past 6 years have been the best of my life and I know we have many more happy times ahead of us.  Here are some pictures of our fun weekend in Houston!

Here is my rose after 5 days it is still pretty!
 Sweet Kyleigh
 Layton is ready for our morning walk.
 At the playground Saturday morning

 Hanging out at the pool with Aunt Laura





 Layton insisted on wearing his floaties even though the pool was only 1 1/2 feet deep he loves those things.



Thanks for letting us come and stay Carter and Laura I know it was hectic at times with all the kids there but we had so much fun and Layton is still talking about it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment