Tuesday, August 18, 2009

2 Month Checkup






Yesterday my mom and I took Layton to his 2 month check up for his first round of shots. He did great with the shots it wasn't too bad. The nurses did it all at once and he only cried for a few seconds and then he seemed fine. He slept for 2 hours after we left the doctor's office. He weighs 15 lbs. and is 24" long now. He is in the 97th percentile for weight and 85th percentile for height. He is really cooing a lot now these days. We can talk to him and he will coo back. As you can see above he smiles all the time now which is so much fun. He is getting better with tummy time and doesn't seem to mind it as much. He has been sucking on his hands like crazy and drooling a lot. We finally stopped swaddling him at night and he is still sleeping from about 11 until 5:30 or 6:30 each night. He has started taking longer naps during the day but naps the best in his swing. I have less than three weeks at home with him so I'm trying to cherish every moment we have together.


Friday night Clifton and I went to Cowboy Homecoming to hear Eli Young play so we let his Grandpa Corky and Grandma Leigh babysit for us. He did great with them and was sound asleep when we went to pick him up that night. I got up early the next morning and ran in the Cowboy Homecoming 5k. It was a lot harder than it was last year and was so hot. I met my friends Juli and Brooke there and we all ran it. It was a good reminder that I really need to start running more to get back in shape.


Here is a picture of him before church on Sunday. Thanks for the cute outfit Uncle Carter and Aunt Laura.

Layton is giving me a look like mommy please stop taking my picture already.


Layton with daddy watching t.v.
Taking a nap on the couch with mommy
All ready for bed in his big boy pajamas. Thanks Becky!

No comments:

Post a Comment