Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Round 1 with Nana and Papa

Last Sunday night (the one before Christmas) Clifton and I had my parents over for dinner and they brought our presents over because they didn't want to have to haul them to College Station later that week. Clifton fried up some delicious deer meat and I made home made mashed potatoes and Paula Deen's squash and zucchini casserole. I also made some yummy mint truffle chocolate cookies for dessert. We ate way too much and then had a great time watching Layton open presents. Having a child at Christmas truly makes it that more special. This was the beginning of opening presents for Layton and he did good and was so excited. My mom went to get his big gift out of her car and here is a picture of him waiting for her by the door
He was so excited about his new rocking horse.



We found his cowboy hat and he got on his horse and said "giddy up"Grandma Hill made him this soft Mickey Mouse blanket for Christmas and he opened it and then immediately laid down on it and said "I go night night" so sweet.Showing Nana his tractor ornament
Nana opening her snowman ornament from Layton
We had a fun night that evening with my parents. I got a sewing machine from my parents and some perfume and Clifton got a blue ray player so we were so thankful. I can't wait to learn how to use my sewing machine now. My mom has promised to help me a lot :) Clifton watched lots of movies during our Christmas holidays he is enjoying his present already.

No comments:

Post a Comment