Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Two Nights Out

Last weekend we had the opportunity to go out both nights and even though we were tired and ready to just stay at home we ended up getting out. Friday night we took our friends Juli and Clinton to the Spurs game. Clifton was given four free tickets so we took advantage and went. The Spurs won and it ended up being a great game to watch. Clifton's cousins Tommy and Sharon were so generous to watch Layton for us that night. He did great with them and was sound asleep when we went to pick him up after the game. Here is a picture of us after the game at the AT&T center we were checking out the live band they had playing that night.



Saturday night we had a Christmas party here in Pleasanton that we go to every year. A lot of Clifton's family is always there and a few of our close friends. My parents were so nice to keep Layton that night even though they had Kyleigh and Cooper too so Daniel and Lauren could go to Daniel's company Christmas party. My parents took a picture of us at their house before we left and I was bad and never pulled out my camera the rest of the night. Clifton and I just enjoyed the evening and danced a lot. We had lots of fun!

Sunday we were all pretty lazy and stayed home and I made a bunch of homemade cinnamon rolls for our family and friends. I used to watch my mom make them every year for all of our teachers but had never tried to do it on my own. Surprisingly they turned out really good and were so delicious. My house smelled so good Sunday night. We bundled Layton up that night after his bath and delivered 6 pans of fresh cinnamon rolls. I think everyone enjoyed them as much as I enjoyed making them.

We are so thankful that we have so much family around that can watch Layton for us and give us the opportunity to get out by ourselves every now and then. I'm looking forward to this weekend though because we have nothing planned and I can't wait to stay home and make Christmas cookies.

2 comments: