Friday, December 17, 2010

Happy 18 Months Layton

Layton turned 18 months this week and I can't believe it. He will be turning 2 before we know it. I took him to his 18 month checkup today and he is still growing fast and is a BIG boy. Here are his stats:

29 lbs. 85th percentile
35 inches 98th percentile

The doctor said he is doing great developmentally and is advanced for his age with his speech. Some funny things he is doing that I don't want to forget are:

He calls every one's belly button a "belly butt".

He always wants to get his "trailer" broom out of the pantry and hook it up to his tractor. The end of the broom looks like the end of some of his toy trailers so he tries to hook it on his riding tractor. He drags the broom around the house everyday.

He loves to give the dogs Roscoe and Daisy treats. He knows where they are in the pantry and he asks at least twice a day to give them one.

He is remembering little things about places we go. Today I told him we were going to Costco as we were pulling up and he said "I eat Costco pizza" he remembered that last time we were at Costco we ate pizza there.

He is very much into daddy's ranger, truck, weed eater, lawnmower, tractor and trailer. He notices if daddy is hooking something up outside or driving it. He loves to ride with daddy in the ranger.

His favorite toys are tractors and trucks and he now pulls my hand and says "mommy come play with me." He has become a little bossy he tells me "mommy sit on the couch" if he wants me to come read to him or play with him.

If you ask him to say please he always says "please daddy" even if I'm the one getting his milk or whatever he wants for him and he really has gotten better about saying please and thank you.

He has become a big boy and we are officially done with the paci. He has been totally without it for 8 days now. He will occasionally ask for it and then say "paci in the trash bye bye paci I'm a big boy."

He loves the Christmas tree and if he comes into the living room in the morning and the lights aren't on he says "mommy Christmas tree on."

He loves to sing Happy Birthday and now sings "Happy Birthday baby Jesus" all the time. He learned this song when we went to Emersen's birthday party a few weeks ago.

Some other favorite songs that he is starting to learn are Pop Goes the Weasel, The Wheels on the Bus, The Itsy Bitsy Spider, Jesus Loves Me, Bingo and Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the bed.

He comes and finds me and says "Layton's nose running" if he wants me to wipe his nose. Poor baby has had a runny nose for about a week now.

He gets the words you and me confused so if we ask him "Layton who is in that picture" and it is a picture of him he will say you instead of me because we are saying "That is you" It is kind of funny.

He tells us when he wants his diaper changed. He will say "dry diaper pease" or "Layton go poo poo" I hope this means potty training will be easy but we will see about that.

He will come ask daddy "Can I get a WEEEE?" Clifton throws him up in the air and says WEEE over and over and Layton loves it.

We got him a pillow pet for his bed since the pediatrician told us he is old enough for an actual pillow now and he loves it. I looked at the monitor this morning and he was sleeping on top of it all curled up.

He is still a great eater and loves to eat a bite of whatever we have. He will eat fruits and vegetables but has slowed down on how much he is eating. He loves to snack during the day but still eats pretty good at meal time too.

He loves hats and hoodies so I'm always looking for a cute hat for him to wear.

He also enjoys playing in mommy's closet. The other morning when I was in the shower trying to get ready to go to church I got out and he had every shoebox and picture off of the front that he could reach emptied in the middle of the closet and was just sitting in the middle of all of my shoes. I had to laugh he was having so much fun.

We are having so much fun with Layton and we are so excited about Christmas this year. He is going to love it. This stage we are in with him can be challenging at times but the good out weigh the bad for sure. Layton is such a blessing and has made our lives so much more exciting and meaningful. Happy 18 Month Birthday Layton!

Here are some random pictures of him lately.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I love reading about all the fun stuff that Layton is up to. I know when you make your second blog book that you'll really appreciate these comments too!

    Happy 18 months Layton!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad :( I can't believe he's already 18 months! Can't wait to see yall this week!!!

    ReplyDelete