Friday, April 13, 2012

Molly 3 Months

Last week Molly turned 3 months old and the day came and went and I realized two days later I had missed it.  Life has been crazy these last few weeks with me back at work so I finally remembered to take her 3 month pictures a week later but of course it was after work and Molly was tired and cranky.  I thought about redoing them but decided not to.  I'll always remember that I was working during this time when I look back at all the pictures of her crying lol.

Dear Sweet Molly,

You are 3 months old already time is flying by way too fast.  I feel like this last month was a whirlwind since Mommy was back at work for 3 weeks.  I'm so excited that I get to be at home with you and watch you grow and change everyday from now on.  I no longer have to feel guilty driving to work every morning because I will get to see your sweet smiles every morning.  Your little personality is really starting to show and you are such a happy baby now that we have you on Prevacid.

Here is what you have been up to this last month:

I weighed myself and then weighed both of us and you are about 16 lbs. now  Big girl for sure!  You are wearing size 3 diapers now and 6 month clothes.  You can still fit into a few 3-6 month things depending on the brand.  I'm not sure how long you are but you are growing fast.  I can tell by the way you fit in your car seat.

You are sleeping in your room now in your crib swaddled up and have been going 10-11 hours at night.  You usually are ready to go to sleep around 9 and get up around 7:30.  I love that you are turning into a great little sleeper just like your brother.  I'm hoping to get rid of the swaddle soon because some nights you fight me when I wrap you up. 

Layton loves to talk to you and make you smile.  He always tells me Momma Molly is my best friend she likes me.  He is constantly telling you how much he loves you and you adore him. 

You have discovered your voice this past month and talk more and more.  You can get really loud sometimes especially when Layton is around.  I think you are trying to compete with him already on who is the loudest.

You are nursing 6 times a day now and I feel like we have a good schedule established finally.  You do great with bottles which is nice when Mommy needs a break and thankfully Mommy won't have to continue all the pumping everyday now that I'm going to be home with you.  Your naps are still all over the place you usually take a 2 hour nap in the morning and the afternoon but you still need a catnap here and there and in the evening before we do bath and bedtime.  You have gotten great at napping in your car seat when we are on the go.  You still take the longest naps when you are at home in your swing.

You have spent a lot of time with all three Grandmas the past three weeks.  Nana, Grammy D and Granny Leigh have all helped take care of you while mommy was at work.  You have adjusted well and become pretty flexible.  I love that you recognize familiar faces and in the evenings after work you get the biggest smile on your face once I start talking to you.

You are holding your head up really well now and we started using the exersaucer this week.  Layton loves to show you how to push all the buttons to make all the sounds.  You seem to like it for about 20 minutes at a time and then you get sleepy.  You have been fascinated with your hands lately and you really examine them and love to suck on your fists.  The drooling has started now and your clothes are usually soaked around the neck if we don't keep a bib on you.  You have also started reaching for toys or hitting the ones hanging on your play mat.

You have brought so much joy to our family Molly and the last three months have been such a blessing.  I'm so thankful to be your Mommy.  I love you so so much!

Mommy













 

No comments:

Post a Comment