Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Our Surprise Road Trip to Houston

At the end of January I decided to surprise my sister for her 30th birthday and take a road trip to Houston.  She was at the end of her pregnancy and I really wanted to spend some time with her before she became a Mommy and 30 is a big birthday :)  I took Molly with me and made it a girls weekend.  She is a great little traveler and loves to go see Aunt Amanda and Uncle Jerrod.  I talked to Jerrod during the week and he knew I was coming and made sure Amanda didn't plan anything for that weekend so we could hang out.  We showed up on Friday afternoon at Jerrod's basketball game he was coaching and just walked up to Amanda and surprised her.  It was awesome she was shocked when she turned around and saw us both standing there.  We had a wonderful and short weekend (it went by way too fast).  We managed to squeeze in a trip to American Girl for Molly, hair appts at the Blow Dry Bar, eating out at some yummy places, a little shopping and some relaxation.  It was such a fun weekend and we drove home Saturday night so we could be at church on Sunday in Pleasanton.   I was in the middle of preparing and planning our big women's conference so it was a nice little getaway before my crazy busy week.  I'm so thankful for Amanda and our relationship.  I don't know what I would do without my sister. 












No comments:

Post a Comment