Sunday, January 3, 2010

Layton's First Christmas

We had a wonderful Christmas full of lots of time with family, way too much food, and so much fun with all the little ones around. The newlyweds Amanda (my sister) and Jerrod and my brother Carter and sister-n-law Laura came to Pleasanton the day before Christmas Eve. We hadn't seen any of them since Amanda's wedding at the beginning of October. We hung out with all of them at my parents house the day before. Christmas Eve I spent most of my time watching Layton and making homemade iced Christmas cookies. It seemed like so much work this year but they were delicious and well worth it. We went back to my parents house that afternoon and had a wonderful Italian meal and then opened presents with all of my family. We had Layton and Cooper in their cute Santa suits and they were having so much fun opening presents. I was surprised at how much Layton got into tearing into the presents. Of course he was more interested in the paper and bows this year than anything else but we had fun taking lots of pictures. We ended the night playing Amanda and Jerrod's Wii. We had way too much fun with the sword fighting game. I'm just a little competitive so I figured out if you swing your arm fast enough you can take the other person out but Jerrod the experienced fighter proved my theory wrong and beat me. We stayed up way too late but had a great time with everyone.

Layton with his aunt Amanda the night they got in town.

Cooper and LaytonLayton with his Papa

Layton with his Nana
Opening presents
Me, Amanda, Laura and Lauren
The serious sword fighting competition

Christmas morning we enjoyed some quiet time as a family. I got Layton up and fed him and then brought him into the living room and sat him in front of the toys that Santa brought him. He had fun unwrapping a few gifts and then we played with him for a long time before we realized we better get moving since we had everyone coming to our house for lunch. All my family and some of Clifton's his mom, sister, her husband and their son Mason came over for lunch on Christmas day. We enjoyed a relaxing day sitting in front of the fire with way too much food. We enjoyed watching Layton and Mason open a few more presents after lunch.

Layton and I Christmas morning
Layton and daddy

Layton and GrammyLeslie and Mason

Layton with uncle Jerrod
The Sunday after Christmas we were at Clifton's dad's house to celebrate with them. We enjoyed a delicious lunch and let the boys tear into some more presents from Granny Leigh and Grandpa Corky. We had so much fun with all the family during the holidays, I'm a little sad that it is all over and we have to wait until next year for Christmas to come again.

Opening presents at Granny Leigh's house


Mason enjoying his new toy from Granny Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment