Sunday, January 10, 2010

Lazy Weekend

We have had a much needed lazy weekend. With the weather being abnormally cold for South Texas I haven't wanted to take Layton out much. We made it to the grocery store on Friday and that is the only place I have been all weekend besides the gym by myself Saturday morning. We have enjoyed sitting by the fire and just spending time as a family together.

We finally tried the mesh feeder out Friday night with Layton. I figured he would really like it since he will put anything in his mouth. It is this neat device you can stick food in and he can suck on it and get some of the food out through the mesh. It gave him something to chew on while mommy and daddy enjoyed a nice dinner of chili and beans. I cut up some chunks of an apple and put it in there and at first he was confused but then he realized there was something in there that tasted good and he sucked on it for awhile. It didn't make too big of a mess and kept him entertained in his high chair.

Sucking on some apples

Daddy was really getting him to smile

Later that night after Layton was in bed I decided to try out my new baby food maker. I have been researching them online and trying to decide which one to order and after talking to a few of my friends that have made their own this is the one that was recommended the most. I was really impressed with the machine it will steam the veggies/fruit and then puree them and then you can put it all in the dishwasher which is a big plus. I was amazed the consistency turned out just like the gerber baby food that I have bought. I made applesauce, pears, sweet potatoes and carrots for Layton and it didn't take that long. We have a good stash in the freezer now. I ran out of the little containers faster than I thought so I will be making another trip to the dollar store to get some more. Layton approved of it too he ate some carrots and pears yesterday and seemed to like it so it was well worth my time then. I hope everyone has a great week. I know I'm looking forward to warmer temperatures soon.

The finished product

No comments:

Post a Comment