Thursday, January 28, 2010

Trying new things

This past weekend Layton had his first teething biscuit. Nobody warned me about the huge mess that it would make. Needless to say he went straight to the bathtub once he had sucked on the dog biscuit long enough as Clifton was calling them. It was a big hit he loved it!



We decided to buy him a walker this weekend since our house is ideal for one of these. I know I've heard how dangerous they are but we have so much tile and hardwood in our house and it is all one story so I figured as long as Layton is supervised he should be fine. He loves it! At first he tried to jump in it because that is what he does with everything and then I pushed him in it. Once he realized he could control where he was going with his feet he took off. Since then he has discovered how to open all the cabinets in the kitchen and he loves to go in the half bath right by our kitchen even though we always have the lights out in there. I'm sure before we know it he will be running in it. It is nice to have something else to entertain him while I cook dinner in the evenings. He likes to be right next to me so now he can cruise around the kitchen while mommy gets dinner together.


Layton spends two days a week playing with his cousin Mason at Grammy D's house and Granny Leigh's house. On those days he comes home exhausted and always is easy to put to bed those nights. I got this picture of him still asleep in his car seat Monday night because we just let him nap once Clifton brought him home. He slept for almost an hour! Mason and him must have had lots of fun together.

No comments:

Post a Comment