Monday, January 31, 2011

A Weekend Full of Family, Crafts and More Sewing


Our internet wasn't working last week so I know I'm falling behind but I'm hoping to catch up this week.

Last weekend Daniel and Lauren came into town with the kids and spent the weekend with all of us.  Layton was so excited to see his cousins and Daniel and Lauren.  Saturday I had my friend Juli, Lauren and my mom over to the house after lunch to work on some craft and sewing projects.  I had a few Valentines Day projects I wanted to work on and my mom was helping me and Lauren sew a pillowcase dress.  We had so much fun that afternoon and thankfully Layton took a 3 hour nap so I was able to get a lot done while he was sleeping.  Clifton was working most of the day Saturday and then had to be at church that night so we didn’t see him much until Sunday.  Saturday night my parents cooked us all a yummy Mexican dinner and we played with the kids.  Lauren and I worked on our pillowcase dresses that night and then I headed home and her and my mom stayed up late to finish hers.  I have a few pictures of our fun weekend and a few pictures of the crafts we worked on together.  Clifton has been teasing me a lot lately saying I’m getting old before my time but I really have enjoyed being creative lately with sewing and crafting and it is so relaxing to me.

Daniel and Kyleigh

 Sunday Kyleigh wore the dress I made her to church.  She looked so cute!

 Cooper was looking nice in his overalls too!
 Layton was giving Cooper a hug here :)  He loves his cousin Cooper.
 
My mom, Juli and Lauren Saturday sewing and crafting.

My wreath I made for our house for the spring.

 A little Valentine decor for our mantle.
I made this one for my mom because she loved the ones Lauren and I made for our houses.


With some help from Lauren with the embroidery software last weekend I figured out how to use my mom's embroidery machine.  Sunday night I made these for one of my high school friends that had a baby girl recently.
 A potholder I made Sunday afternoon while Layton was napping.

No comments:

Post a Comment