Friday, April 1, 2011

the victory lap of my 20's has begun. . . .

Yep that's right I turned 29 last week.  I can't believe I used to think 30 was so old.  Now 30 seems young to me or at least I don't feel old yet maybe I will a year from now.  Haha  I always told myself before I was even married I would be finished having kids by the time I'm 30.  I guess that isn't going to happen but life never works out the way you plan it anyways.  God has a better plan in mind.  This past year has been great watching Layton grow up so much into a little toddler.  I think back on my birthday last year and Layton was still a baby.  Time really does fly by so fast once you have kids. 

Clifton planned a little impromptu get together the night of my birthday and it was really nice.  He grilled fajitas and my parents, Justin, Natalie, Cody, and Sadie, and Chad, Kellie and Emersen came over to help me celebrate.  My mom made me a delicious pound cake so we all enjoyed that after dinner.  I only managed to take two pictures that night I guess I just wanted to relax and enjoy our time together so that is exactly what I did. Clifton brought me some beautiful yellow tulips and a sweet card and he worked hard to make my birthday extra special this year.

Layton and Sadie being silly.



I had to go to Houston last week for work to do some audit walkthroughs at our Houston offices which I didn't mind one bit.  I was in Amanda's office a little bit on Wednesday and all day on Thursday.  I was able to have another birthday dinner with Carter, Laura, Amanda and Jerrod at Pappasitos on Wednesday night.  Amanda and I ended up staying at a little wine place in uptown park talking outside until midnight.  The weather was beautiful that night and it was so nice to sit and talk for hours and just catch up.  I stayed at a neat old hotel, the Lancaster a block from the offices so unfortunately I was up early the next morning to be at the office by 7:30.  It was a quick trip but a nice little break during the week from my normal routine.  I was glad to get back to my boys though.  Here are a few pictures from my birthday dinner in Houston.



Last Friday night Juli organized a little get together with all of my friends for my birthday.  We went and got pedicures and manicures and then had a great dinner at Pericos.  Thank you Juli, Cassie, Becky, and Kellie for coming to help me celebrate!  It was fun.

Last Sunday we had another little birthday celebration with Grandpa Corky and Granny Leigh.  Several of us have March birthdays so we had lunch and cake.  I got to see little Mina wear her dress I made her and she looked so cute in it.  She is walking now and was very interested in Layton and Mason.  It was fun to watch them all interact.  I didn't manage to get any pictures of Mason they were all so busy playing it was hard. 






Here's to another great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment