Monday, March 21, 2011

Clifton's Birthday

Friday was Clifton's birthday and we spent the afternoon in San Antonio with Layton shopping for some new clothes for Clifton for the cruise we are taking in less than two weeks.  Yep that is right Clifton and I are finally taking a real vacation and we are leaving Layton behind for 7 days.  I know we are going to miss him like crazy but I think the break will be good for us and will allow Clifton and I time to spend some much needed time with each other.  Daniel and Lauren and our friends Chad and Kellie are going too so it is going to be a lot of fun.  We are leaving out of Galveston on the Voyager of the Seas and heading to Belize, Cozumel and Honduras.  My sister offered to come stay at our house for the week and keep Layton for us.  Gotta love Aunt Amanda for this sweet offer we couldn't pass up.  I know Layton is going to have fun spending the week with her and they are planning on spending a few days in Rockport with my parents too.  



Back to Friday I think our shopping days with Layton are over for awhile.  He was good for the first two hours and then wanted nothing to do with the stroller and just wanted to run around the stores and mess with all the displays.  Poor kid was bored and we were trying to get way too much done that day.  We ended up walking out of DSW later that night Clifton looked at me and said "Amy we are those parents with the bad kid running up and down the aisles screaming."  For the most part Layton did good but it was not the relaxing shopping trip we were hoping for.  We opted for pizza at the food court at the mall instead of trying to sit down at a restaurant and have a nice dinner. 


Saturday night my parents were nice enough to keep Layton for us so we went back to San Antonio and did a little more shopping and then had a nice birthday dinner for both of us at Cheesecake Factory.  It was so nice to have a long dinner by ourselves.  Thanks for keeping Layton for us Nana and Papa we really enjoyed our night to ourselves!  We had some cake at my parents house on Saturday before we left that evening for our birthday dinner.

1 comment:

  1. Your hair is so pretty and long! I'm jealous :) Glad yall had a good birthday dinner. Can't wait to celebrate in Houston with you on Wednesday!!! -Amanda

    ReplyDelete