Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Amanda and Jerrod

Amanda and Jerrod have been staying with my parents the past two weeks and it has been so nice having them around to spend time with.  Layton has been spoiled rotten by both of them lately because they have kept him a few days here and there instead of him going to daycare.  They take him swimming, give him ice cream and sno cones pretty much whatever he wants.  He has had so much fun and I’m so glad he is getting this time with them before they leave.

It is going to be so hard to tell them goodbye on August 10th when they leave for Africa.  They are following what God has called them to do so I’m very excited for them.  We all know they  are going to serve Him and have a big mission to accomplish.  It is going to be an adjustment for all of us though, I seriously talk to Amanda at least once a day on the phone and she is more of a best friend than a sister.  I’m thankful we will have skype and can hopefully catch up with them once a week.  I can't help but be excited for them because talking to them you can see how anxious they are getting to go and get started.  They have made some huge sacrifices and I know God will bless them and their time in Africa because of it.  They will be coming home for Christmas and will be here if all goes as planned when we have the baby in January.  I’m so thankful for that because I know how important it is to my sister that she is here to share in that exciting time for our family.  My sister has taken lots of pictures of their fun times with Layton while I was at work these last two weeks so I wanted to share a few of them today.

Swimming with Uncle Jerrod

Hanging out at our house one night after dinner.



 More swimming with Aunt Amanda and a poolside lunch.
 Amanda even arranged a play date with one of her friends in town.
 Amanda and Jerrod,

We love you and are so excited to see what God is going to do through y'all during your time in Africa.  We know this is going to be an amazing experience for both of you and I'm so glad that we will be right along side of you praying for y'all while you are over there.  It has already been an amazing experience watching everything come together so easily for the trip.  I remember thinking how in the world will they raise enough money in such a short time and wow God provided in so many ways.  I can't believe I ever had doubts.  We will be praying for safe travels and an easy transition during the first few weeks in your new home.  We will be praying that you both stay healthy so you can serve Him and fulfill what God has called you to do.  We will miss both of you!!!

Love y'all,
Amy 

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19

Please join me in praying for my sister and brother-n-law as they prepare for the upcoming move to Africa.
  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for making me cry! I love you so much! You are the best friend and sister a girl could ask for. I admire the woman of God, wife, and mom that you are to Clifton and Layton. I hope one day I can be half the mom you are! I'm going to miss our daily conversations but I'm so thankful for Skype! I'll be praying for you daily and I can't wait to come back and be there for the birth of your second child. I love you more than you know and am so thankful for our relationship!

    ReplyDelete