Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Layton is potty trained

I'm a little nervous to say that but we have made it 5 days without any accidents and today was his first day at school since we started the potty training last weekend and he did great.  His teachers said he would tell them when he needed to go and even took a nap in his big boy underwear.  I'm still amazed that he caught on so quickly and is even staying dry during naps and at night.  There have been a few nights where he has woken me up because he needed to potty.  I'm just glad that he is aware even in the middle of the night.  We are so proud of our big boy!  We used cheap little toys from the dollar section at Target and various stores and filled a tub full of potty prizes and rewarded him with those each time he went potty.  At first we were doing every time he went potty but now we have slowed down to one a day and they are almost gone.  We have also been giving him M&Ms and lots of stickers and letting him play with play dough after he goes potty.  This is what worked for us and Layton still gets excited about going potty.  I'm so thankful we won't have two in diapers in January but it also makes me a little sad because this was the last little baby thing to get rid of.  Layton is truly turning into a little boy and becoming so independent.  Here are a few pictures from our potty training adventures.  I just realized I don't have any of him sitting on the potty I will have to work on that.

A very tired mommy after a long day with Layton.
 Playing with his glow in the dark sticks one of his potty prizes.  He said "I want earrings like mommy" silly boy.

 Playing with his play dough Cars set.  He loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment