Sunday, August 28, 2011

It's a . . . . .

GIRL!!!!!

Sorry it has taken me a few days to come back and update the old blog.  Wednesday was a full day after we found out and then I had to pack for our weekend trip to Houston because I left straight from work on Thursday.  Back to our appointment, she (still sounds weird to say she) cooperated and was moving around the whole time.  We got some good images of her sucking her thumb.  I asked the technician three times are you sure this is a girl and by the end of the sonogram he seemed annoyed with me but I just wanted to be sure.  My biggest fear is to decorate and buy a bunch of girl clothes to find out we are really having a boy.  I feel confident that this baby is a girl which is still surprising to me I was sure we were having another boy.  Since we found out it is a girl I bet I have been asked over 20 times so are y'all finished now that you have one of each?  The answer to that is hopefully not I really want to have another one but it may take some convincing on Clifton's part.  I loved growing up in a family with four kids so I would love to have at least three but we will decide that later.  I've tried to scan the pictures of our sweet baby girl but my scanner isn't working tonight.  We are both very excited about having a girl and Layton having a little sister.  We told him that afternoon and he said "Oh a girl" and then patted my belly and then wanted to talk about his trucks.  I'm not sure if he totally understands what this really means but he is asking lots and lots of questions about the baby everyday.  He keeps telling us after Christmas the baby will be here.  Here are a few pictures we took of Layton when we told him about his baby sister.





No comments:

Post a Comment