Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Randomness



A bunch of random things to post today:

I called yesterday and got my sonogram appointment moved to August 24th so I will be 20 weeks and 2 days by then.  It seems so much closer than Sept. 1st.  I can’t wait to find out what we are having so we can get started on the nursery.  I have the next two weeks to clean out and organize that room now.

Here is a funny conversation I had with Layton last night that I posted on facebook.


Layton: "Mommy is it time for the doctor to take the baby out, I want to hold it."
Me: "No not yet we have a long time to wait. Do you think it is a boy or a girl?"
Layton: "Mommy it's a baby."
Me: "Well do you think it is a baby boy or baby girl?"
Layton's response "It is a cry baby. Babies cry all the time." Haha He makes me laugh you never know what he is going to say these days.

Layton has developed a fear of smoke detectors thanks to Uncle Jerrod.  While we were in Rockport he was hanging out with Amanda and Jerrod in their room and of course started asking Jerrod questions.  He pointed to the smoke detector and asked “What’s that?”  Jerrod explained it to him what it was and said “Do you want to hear it?” and of course Layton said “Sure.”  As soon as he turned it on Layton immediately started crying and saying “No I don’t want it, I don’t like it turn it off” and then came running back to our room.  Ever since then he has been talking about smoke detectors non-stop.  We had one in our cottage where we were staying and I just told him it was part of the air conditioner because he would cry every time someone brought up turning one on.  He has now realized there is one in his room, the baby’s room and our bedroom.  He is okay with them now but I’ve explained to him over and over that they are there to help us.  As soon as he saw Jerrod Sunday night he said “Jerrod I don’t like the smoke detector it’s not going to turn on.”  Just wanted to document this funny little stage we are going through with him.  A day hasn’t gone by since we got back from Rockport that we don’t have to reassure him that the smoke detector is not going to go off.

We also went through a stage where Layton would not go potty in a public restrooms and it was driving me crazy.  One day when I was in San Antonio with a friend and her baby he held it for 7 hours because he refused to use a public restroom.  He kept telling us he was scared of the big potty.  He was also having a hard time going at school.  His teachers said he acted embarrassed and would hold it for hours and hours and even had some accidents at school the past few weeks.  I’m thankful he can hold it so long but I knew this wasn’t healthy.  His teachers suggested we get rid of his little potty at home and only use the big potty so that is what we have done and it worked.  He will now go when we are out and about and is going at school too.  He told his teachers one day at school they kept asking him if he needed to go and Layton said, “I will tell you when I need to go because if I don’t and I have an accident my daddy will be very mad at me.”  LOL not sure where he came up with this because we have never gotten mad about an accident but I’m sure the teachers were wondering.  Just want to write these funny things down so I can remember all this when it comes time to potty train the next one.

I got Layton’s 2nd year blog book in last month and I love it just as much as the first one.  I’m so glad I kept it up a 2nd year and have everything documented.  The real test will be keeping it up with 2 kids.   

Tonight was our last night with Jerrod and Amanda.  We went to my parents house so they could tell Clifton and Layton goodbye.  It was fun hanging out with them one last time.  I will be meeting them for lunch tomorrow before they head to the airport.  Please join me and lift them up on prayer tomorrow that they will have a safe trip and everything goes smoothly.  

Here is Layton walking to the car Sunday morning before church with his sunglasses in his back pocket.  We now can't leave the house until he has his cell phone and sunglasses.  He is just like daddy.
 We hung out Sunday night at my parent's house with Amanda and Jerrod.  Layton loved all the attention.
 Playing with daddy.

 This is my Grandma Hindes telling Amanda goodbye.

 Amanda running down the hall with Layton.

 Tonight at my parent's house telling Amanda and Jerrod goodbye.
 They had Layton so wound up and hyper.  He crashed so fast when we got home.


 Layton taking Dexter for a walk.  He wasn't enjoying it though.
 One last horsey ride with Aunt Amanda.

1 comment:

  1. Awww thanks for posting the pics :( It is crazy to think about how big he will be in December next time I see him! I love y'all so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete