Sunday, May 13, 2012

Heritage Days

This weekend we had Heritage Days at our church.  Friday evening I took the kids to the Ranch Rodeo for a little bit.  Clifton had to be at all the events on Friday and Saturday so it was a long weekend without Daddy around.  I took the kids Saturday morning to the petting zoo and then Grammy D met us out there and we all enjoyed a good chuck wagon lunch.  We also enjoyed some home made pie from the pie baking contest.  We stayed until nap time and then I took both kids to HEB to get the essentials (milk, eggs and mother's day cards) fun times.  I was exhausted and hot by the time we got home but of course Molly wasn't in the mood to nap and Layton slept 3 hours.  About the time I got Molly to sleep Layton woke up so then we played while we waited for her to wake up so we could head back to the church for the Team Roping that night.  We picked my mom up and watched my cousin Jacob rope some and then left about 9:30 because Layton was starting to melt down and Molly was tired.  On the drive home I had both kids crying and I felt like crying too lol.  I managed to get both kids bathed, fed and in bed and then Clifton made it home by midnight thank goodness.  We had fun at all the events but we sure did miss daddy.



 Layton at the petting zoo.

 Layton and his buddy Keaton.





 Layton got to milk a goat and he told everyone the rest of the day about his experience.
 Daddy and Layton talking to some of the old cowboys.


 Grammy D and Layton getting some lunch at the chuck wagons.
 Sweet Molly was so happy even though she missed her morning nap.
 Both Grandmas were trying to get her to laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment