Monday, November 16, 2009

San Antonio Rock in Roll Half Marathon

Sunday I ran the San Antonio Rock in Roll Half Marathon. It was so much harder this year than it was last year and last year I was 10 weeks pregnant. The humidity was 90% on Sunday and by the end of the race it was 75 outside. It doesn't sound to bad but the humidity made it so hot and muggy. I finished in 2 hours and 48 minutes. I didn't have much time to train for it this year because any free time I had after work I wanted to spend with Layton. It was a challenge Sunday trying to figure out the logistics of feeding Layton super early that morning and going over 6 hours before pumping right after the race. It was interesting to say the least. Clifton and Layton stayed home I didn't think it was a good idea for Layton to be around that many people and Clifton watched me run it last year. I met some of my work friends and some friends from Pleasanton I trained with at the AT&T Center at 5:15 that morning to catch the shuttles to the start line. It took our corral 30 minutes once the race started just to get to the start line. It was a neat experience being a part of something that big. There were almost 30,000 people running that morning and you see people running it for all different reasons. Watching people cross the finish line is a neat experience especially for the people that ran the full marathon. I'm not sure how soon I will be doing another one, I think for now I'm going to stick to the 5Ks and 10Ks. Here are some pictures from Sunday.

Before the race with Becky:

After the race:

After the race with Juli and Tawny:

No comments:

Post a Comment