Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Where Does Jesus Live?


Last night as I was lying in Layton’s bed with him for a few minutes he sat up on his pillow like he does every night and said we need to pray for Amanda and Jerrod.  Then he went on to say his little meal time prayer and then stopped in the middle and said keep Amanda and Jerrod safe and protect them.  Then he started asking me "What should I say next mommy?" and I explained to him that we can talk to Jesus just like we talk to anyone else and he will hear our prayers.  I saw his little wheels turning in his head and he looked up and said, "Mommy where does Jesus live?"  I was not prepared for all the questions he had but I explained to him that He lives in our hearts once we believe in Him and ask him to be our Lord and Savior and that he is also in heaven.  He said "I want to go to heaven and meet Jesus, how do we get there?Then I tried to explain to him that if you believe and trust in Jesus and ask him into your heart then we you die one day you get to live with Jesus forever.  The questions just kept coming and coming, he said "Mom will you and Daddy be there?" and I said yes we will and then he asked about Nana and Papa and what about his friend Emersen and on and on.  He then asked if he could take his stuffed animals with him to heaven one day because he thought Mr. Bear would like to meet Jesus too.  I was so caught off guard by the whole conversation but once I told him goodnight and walked out of his room I had tears in my eyes just thinking about his little questions.  It made me realize how sweet and innocent a child’s faith is and even though he can’t understand everything he is so curious and wants to know why we do the things we do.  It also made me realize once again that God has trusted his little life with Clifton and I and it is our job as his parents to raise him in a Christian home and tell him about Jesus so we can all live eternally together forever.  I felt like God was really showing me last night that this is all that matters nothing else does.  This is the first time Layton has really asked any questions about Jesus so I just wanted to document it so I can always remember it. 

Layton,

My prayer for you today is that you will grow up and understand what it really means to live for God and that you will come to know Him as your Lord and Savior and ask Him into your heart.  This will be the most important decision of your life and your daddy and I started praying about this before you were even born.  We love you and thank Him everyday that He trusted us to be your parents.  You are so special to us!!!!

Mommy 

No comments:

Post a Comment