Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas Eve

We got the best surprise this year ever!  Sunday night before Christmas Eve my dad and Clifton insisted on going to San Antonio to pick up a gift for my mom.  I didn't think too much of it and they played it off well so my mom came over to hang out with the kids and I while they were gone.  They got back and we were bathing the kids and Clifton insisted on getting the kids out of the bath tub and putting their clothes back on I was a little annoyed he couldn't wait 5 minutes for me to finish bathing Layton.  We walked outside and my dad is just standing next to his truck smiling and Clifton is videoing the whole thing next thing I know Amanda jumps out of the back seat of my dad's truck and yells SURPRISE!  I was completely shocked I couldn't even talk I just stood there crying with my mouth wide open.  It was the best surprise ever.  Jerrod got out of the other side and we all just hugged.  It was awesome!  We had dinner together that night and caught up and they filled us in on how Clifton and my dad had known about if for 2 weeks and kept it a surprise.  We of course invited them and my parents over for dinner Christmas Eve once we heard they would be in town.  It made my Christmas getting to see them in person.

Our tradition as a family is to have tamales on Christmas Eve so we did and we discovered that Molly loves tamales.  She ate 2 and loved them!  She is definitely a South Texas baby.  After dinner we let Layton and Molly open presents from us because I don't think Santa should get all the credit.  We also made reindeer food and put it out in the yard and left cookies and milk out for Santa.  It was such a fun night!  Clifton and I had no idea Layton's train table was in a million pieces because we hadn't opened the box.  We literally had to put every little piece together it was crazy.  This project started at midnight and thankfully Clifton's cousin Justin came to help and we finished by 2 a.m.  I was exhausted but it was worth it.

 Making reindeer food
 Testing a little out on the lawn you can see Roscoe was enjoying it :)
 Aunt Amanda!



 The next "Jason Aldean" performing Feliz Navidad haha
 Opening gifts












 Putting the reindeer food out.






No comments:

Post a Comment