Thursday, August 14, 2014

A Day in the Life . . . .

I haven't done a summary of a typical day for us in a really long time so I thought I would do one since our schedule is about to completely change once Layton starts kindergarten next week.  This summer we have enjoyed being lazy, staying in our pajamas half the day, swimming, taking late naps, staying up late, watching movies and just doing whatever whenever.  I will miss the lazy days of summer once school starts I know.  I wish I could have remembered to take more pictures throughout the day yesterday but the truth is I'm so busy all day long I just don't even think about it.  I'm trying to get better about this.  So this will probably bore some of you to death because we don't do anything exciting but this is my typical summer day with my three little ones.  I can't imagine anywhere else I would rather be than hanging out with them.

7:05 am Parker starts talking in his crib and beating on the wall.  I lay in bed and watch him on the video monitor.  Molly walks in our room telling me Parker's awake lets go get him.  We sneak into Layton and Parker's room to get Parker out of his bed and head to Molly's room.  Molly helps me change Parker and get him dressed and Molly wants to get dressed too.  I fix Parker and Molly breakfast and fix myself some cafe vanilla and attempt to sit down and read my daily devotional Jesus Calling book.  Layton is up now requesting cartoons and breakfast so I make him something and then get back to my devotional.  I tell Layton at least 3 times to get dressed and he eventually does once Daddy is out of bed.

Here is my devotional for yesterday.





Yes it is only 9 in the morning and our living room is already a disaster oh well.






About 8:30 I realize I need to shower and get ready because we have a playdate at Melissa's house at 9:30 and I need to drop Layton off for his last day of Pre-K at Ms. Robin's.  Most mornings I would head to PAC FIIT at 9:15 but we are skipping the gym this morning since we have a playdate.



We head to town and drop off Layton and then head over to Melissa's house.  We had fun getting to know her and her sweet little boy Steele and visiting with Juli and Holly and their kids.  We had to run to the bank and sign some paperwork after this and I have 2 tired hungry kids so I called Clifton to see if he had time to go with me real quick so he could sit in the car while I ran in.  We picked him up about 11:30 and headed to the bank and then ate lunch at Subway before taking him back to his office.  We very rarely eat out for lunch during the week especially with Daddy but it just was easier on this day since we were out and about.  I headed to the new country club restaurant to pick up a gift card for Layton's teacher to add to her thank you cards since it was his last day with her.  I had intentions of running into HEB to get milk and fruit to last us the rest of the week but at this point Parker was done and ready for a nap so we headed home.

Parker went straight from the car to his crib and was asleep within a few minutes and I laid in Molly's bed with her for a few minutes before she was fast asleep.


  I got up and fixed me a spark and decided to work on balancing the checkbook ugh.  I think I'm the only one I know that still does this every month lol.  I like to know exactly what we spend our money on every month it is the CPA coming out in me.


 This is pretty much my only quiet time during the day so I have to work quickly to get everything done or sometimes I'm lazy and I just lay on the couch and watch TV and enjoy the quiet.  I checked email, read a few blogs and then unloaded the dishwasher and folded a load of laundry.  Parker was up first of course and he was cranky when he woke up so I fixed him some milk in a bottle.  We are kind of "breaking the rules" on the bottle front I know since he is already 1 but he won't drink milk out of a sippy cup so we are just rolling with it and that is the only time he will let me hold him and still act like a baby and he sits still :)



Molly is up asking for a popsicle shortly after this and we have a few minutes to head out the door to pick up Layton from Ms. Robin's by 4:30.  Aunt Amanda usually calls at 4 to chat since she is on her way home from work.  I love that we get to talk on a daily basis again.
 

We head to Ms. Robin's and I decide to take Parker and Molly in since I want to talk for a few minutes since we won't see her for a long time.  Molly is asking about Roxie the dog at Ms. Robin's she is scared of little dogs.
 


We say our goodbyes and then I realize I still haven't made it to HEB.  The thought of taking in all 3 kids to the store at this time of day sounds crazy so I stop at my parents house and my awesome mom agrees to let them play there for a few minutes while I run to the store.  I'm back at her house in 30 minutes which is a miracle and we load up and head home.

I unload groceries, kids, bags and get dinner started while I put things away.  It was beef stroganoff, salad, fruit and biscuits.  Layton loves breakfast for dinner but I had already made other plans so we compromised and added biscuits to our meal :)  Clifton walked in at 6:15 just in time for me to make it to Body Attack at the gym at 6:30.  I fixed the kids plates and changed clothes and headed out the door.  This is why I like to work out in the morning so I don't have to miss dinner time with the family.  Got in a great workout at the gym and headed home at 7:30 and was starving so I quickly heated up some dinner while Clifton got the kids bath time started.  While I was at the gym Clifton handled feeding all the kids and cleaned up the kitchen and loaded the dishwasher which is such a nice treat.  These things don't go unnoticed :)

Molly gets a hold of my phone and takes a selfie



Post workout selfie

I helped finish up bath time and get everyone dressed and picked out clothes for everyone for the next day.  We read books, brushed teeth, said prayers and Clifton gave Parker some more milk and all three were in bed asleep by 9.  This is my favorite time of night when the house is quiet and I can finally talk to Clifton about his day and just spend time with him.  We watched a little bit of TV and I took a shower and got ready for bed.  I worked on my Bible Study a little read some magazines until I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer and was in bed by 12:30.

This is the Bible Study I'm doing on Monday nights with a group of girls and it is so good.


So that is what a "normal" day is like for us right now.  Layton only went to Pre-K this summer on Tuesdays and Thursdays so on the days he was home I would try and do something with him during nap time or he would watch a movie while I got stuff done.  Some mornings we just stayed home and played until lunch time instead of the gym or I would let them play in the baby pool in the backyard or play outside.  Sometimes the days seem long especially when Clifton is working late but I know I will look back and miss these times with my kids.  I am so thankful for a husband that works so hard so I can stay home and raise our babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment