Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Molly is 2 1/2

I'm a little late on this post but we have been busy soaking up our last few weeks of summer.  Mollybug is now 2 1/2 and full of energy!  This girl loves to dance, run, jump, sing and ask lots of questions.  She is into the why stage which is always fun.  We moved her to a big bed finally and she is sleeping great but she is usually the first one up now :( She used to sleep so late.  If Parker makes any noise in the morning in his bed Molly is a super light sleeper and hears him from her room and she is up and running to our room asking for breakfast.  I think Molly is going to be our athletic one she loves to throw or kick any kind of ball and loves to run she is actually pretty darn fast too.  She is a great little helper with Parker and loves to help me clean.  She loves her dolls and her kitchen.  Those are the two toys she plays with most.  She always wants to pull up a chair and help me in the kitchen and wants to wash the dishes.  She is my little shadow all day and will cry and scream if I leave the room without her or start walking towards the house from the car without her.  She loves Layton her "Bubba" and they usually play well together.  They do fight occasionally but she loves him so much and asks for him all day when he is at school.

I love the way she talks and sometimes it is hard to understand her.  Everything with an L she uses a W sound so at the lake she said "Mommy we are at the wake and I'm going to wear my wifejacket and go in the boat with Kywee."  SO CUTE!  I wish I could bottle this age up and keep her little forever.  Now that she is getting older she is starting to have an opinion about what she wears which is so not fun.  I usually give her 2 or 3 options and make her go with that.  If I know we aren't going anywhere I let her pick out her clothes :)  It is always interesting to see what she comes up with.  She loves to play in my closet while I get ready in my bathroom.  She pulls out all my shoes and purses and walks around the house in them.  She also wants lip gloss and perfume now before we leave the house.  She is my little girly girl!  She has decided she is pretty much done with headbands which makes me sad because we have so many cute ones but wants pigtails or a ponytail.  The only problem with this is she usually rips out the bow and rubberband in the car before we ever get to where we are going and then has crazy hair.  She has beautiful soft blonde curls but her hair is crazy and I don't know what to do with curly hair.  My hair is so straight so this should be interesting to see what her hair looks like as she gets older.

She is still topping the charts with her growth but thankfully the doctor was pleased with her BMI this time so we will continue to be mindful of what and how much she is eating.  This girl loves to snack all day and can throw a pretty big fit when she doesn't get her way :)

40 lbs. 98th percentile
39 inches 97th percentile
Size 10-11 shoe

Molly,

You are turning more and more into a sweet little girl and not so much a toddler now and I love spending my days with you and your brothers.  I love that you always have to be near me and know what I'm doing and where I'm going.  You are so curious these days and are learning so much.  I love to watch you and Parker laugh you are such a great big sister.  I also enjoy watching you and Layton create boats and offices out of pillows and blankets and use your imagination to just play and be kids together.  I'm so thankful for you and I hope you know how much you and your Daddy love you.  Can't wait to see what God is going to do through you and your life.  Love you to the moon and back!

Mommy

I had in my head that I would get her dressed up cute and do a little photo shoot outside one evening but lets be honest here that hasn't happened yet.  So we had an impromptu photo shoot before bed time last night in the game room in her pajamas . . . .  so the lighting is bad but whatev :)  This Mama is busy all day everyday taking care of these 3 little blessings so these pictures will have to do for now.












 

No comments:

Post a Comment