Saturday, September 25, 2010

Allergic Reaction

We have discovered that Layton is allergic to amoxicillin which has penicillin in it. He has been on it for 9 days for strep throat. Friday morning he woke up with tiny red dots on his body. I didn't think much of it because I thought it might be from the high fever he had the week before. As the day went on he got more and more spots all over him. We were scheduled to take him to his 15 month check up that afternoon so I was just going to ask the doctor about it. She told us right away that it was an allergic reaction to the antibiotics and then it would get much worse before it would get better. Last night we thought he looked pretty bad but then this morning when I saw him I was shocked. Poor baby has big red bumps covering every inch of his little body. It hurts me to see him this way however he is in great spirits and acting like nothing is wrong. I just pray that he doesn't start itching all over. I was told by a nurse this morning when I called the nurse's line that it should last about 3 days so I hope we are through the worst part.

Here is Layton this morning in the bath tub.

Here he is making faces and being silly

1 comment:

  1. I want to cry looking at this :( I hope it goes away soon!!!! Poor baby :(

    ReplyDelete