Monday, September 6, 2010

Mommy - Tractor

Call me a bad wife if you want but I have never ever mowed the yard since Clifton and I have been married. The yard work besides planting flowers and watering them has been all on Clifton until now. He does all the outside stuff and I take care of all the housework inside. Since he has been hurt the past few weeks Cody Shearrer (Justin and Natalie's son) has helped us a little by moving sprinklers and doing some of the yard work. Cody was out of town a couple of weekends ago and Clifton really wanted the yard finished so after I got back from a run one Saturday morning he taught me how to use the lawn mower. I was really nervous because Clifton has a really nice and BIG lawnmower and I didn't want to mess anything up. After a few practice runs around the yard I was ready to give it a shot. Surprisingly it was so easy to use and besides the dust in my face was not that bad. I had my music to listen to and a shade over my head so I really couldn't complain.

Meanwhile Layton and Clifton are in the house watching me mow and Clifton said Layton kept looking out the window confused saying "Mommy tractor?" I'm glad I can use the lawn mower now but will be really glad once Clifton can start doing it himself again :) Clifton took a few pictures of me from the office window because I'm sure he knew this would be a rare occasion.

Layton watching mommy on the tractor.

No comments:

Post a Comment