Sunday, September 12, 2010

Wine Tasting Party

Saturday night my friend Juli and I hosted a Wine Tasting party at our house. My college friends in Dallas do it every year and always invite me but I never actually made the trip up there for it. They have always told me how much fun it was and I've seen all the pictures from it. I asked my friend Natalie for all the details on how to throw the party and she was so helpful. Juli and I both like to try new and different wines so we started talking about doing this months ago and the timing was never right for one of us. We finally decided just to plan it and go for it and hope that a few girls would show up. We were really surprised that we had a great turnout and everyone seemed to have a lot of fun. Juli and I had so much fun coming up with the menu and dividing up who was doing what with all the preparations for the party. Juli and I both really enjoy entertaining and throwing a party.

We told each girl to bring two bottles of the same wine. We used one bottle for everyone to have a taste and then the other bottle was given away at the end of the night. After we tasted all the wines we drew numbers and got to choose which bottle we were taking home so each girl was sent home with a new wine. We had lots of wine leftover at the end of the night but I think everyone had fun. We had lots of yummy food to eat too while we tasted wine. We also played two different wine trivia games and had two drawings for door prizes. Everyone was given a wine grading sheet so everyone could rate the different wines as they tasted them so at the end of the night it would be easier to choose which wine you wanted to take home. It was so nice to spend time with my girlfriends and hang out and laugh a lot. It is very rare that we take time to do this. Here are a few pictures I took Saturday night.




2 comments:

  1. Amy, it looks like you all had a great time. Juli said it was a lot of fun. I wish I lived closer to everyone down there so I could have come too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! It was so cute!!! I hope you can come to Houston soon!

    ReplyDelete