Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

I should just stop making plans all together because lately life has not been going as planned. Friday we were supposed to go to the lake after Clifton got off of work just the three of us and stay in my parents RV well needless to say that didn't happen. I started feeling really bad Thursday afternoon at work and by the time I got home that evening I was running fever. I felt terrible that night and decided to sleep on the couch so I wouldn't get Clifton sick. I was hoping it was just the virus Layton had the weekend before but I woke up Friday morning with a horrible sore throat and knew I probably had strep throat. I got in to see the doctor Friday morning and they confirmed that I did have it. Clifton's mom was so sweet to come and watch Layton while I went to the doctor. They gave me a shot and some antibiotics and told me I should feel much better in 24 hours. I still felt horrible Friday when I got home from the doctor so I called Clifton and told him there was no way I could go to the lake and I needed to get some rest. My mom was so nice to come pick up Layton for us that afternoon and keep him over night so I could sleep and get better. I told Clifton to go on Friday night to the lake without us so Daniel and Cooper went with him up to the lake. My parents, Layton and Amanda and Jerrod all went up to the lake on Saturday morning. I ended up going late Saturday afternoon after sleeping until 10:30 which was amazing and staying a few hours so I could pick up Clifton and Layton from the lake. It was really quiet at our house Friday night by myself. I hadn't been alone that long in such a long time. I rented three movies that I wanted to see and just laid on the couch and slept. I was feeling much better by Saturday afternoon so I felt like I could go join everyone and I was really missing Clifton and Layton. We had fun we took a ride in the boat and went swimming and then ate dinner with everyone. I was thankful I got to go for just a little bit after all. I really can't wait until next summer when we get to go back to the lake and stay in the RV again. It seems like every time this summer we have tried to go stay something has happened. I'm glad we got to go the few times we did though. Here are a few pictures from my quick trip to the lake. I stole most of these from my sister Amanda :)


Cooper was so tired he took a little nap in the boat.Everyone in the boat
Layton's crazy hair

Jerrod jumping from the cliff
Riding back in the boat to the RV park
Sunday and today I have been pretty lazy. I've played with Layton a bunch which has been nice and Clifton shredded today around by the creek. It has been a nice long weekend after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment