Sunday, February 6, 2011

Fun Weekend at Home

This weekend we didn't really have any plans and it was so nice to spend time at home as a family.  This is the first Saturday Clifton has not had to work since the New Year.  I can't complain too much because real estate is booming right now but it was so nice to get some things done around the house and have him around this weekend to hang out with Layton and I.  Here are a few random pictures I took this weekend.


The weather was beautiful this weekend so Layton got to ride in the ranger with Daddy a lot.  He loves to ride with daddy!
 And off they go
 I was trying to get a good picture of Layton this morning before church but he just wasn't having it.

 We had a picnic Friday for lunch in the game room and Layton's rocking horse even joined us for some lunch.  Poor Layton hadn't been out of the house all week so I was trying to come up with something fun to do.


 I spent a good amount of time sewing this weekend too.  My mom convinced me to get a nicer sewing machine since I've enjoyed it so much and this one has so many more options I'm loving it!  Here are a few baby gifts I worked on this weekend for one of my good friends that just had a baby boy.

 This was a practice bib and I learned a lot making this one.
 My mom helped me Saturday night make this blanket.  Sewing on this soft minky fabric has its challenges but I think we have figured out what works.  This blanket turned out much better than the first one we made.  These make such nice gifts and don't take very long to make.
 Here is the gift set for my sweet friend!  I hope she likes it.
 Silly daddy in the Thomas tunnel and tent.




No comments:

Post a Comment