Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Trying to go potty

Funny story I thought I would share about Layton:

I put Layton in the bathtub last night and he immediately said “Layton go potty I want to go potty” so I pulled him out and dried him off and set him on the little potty. He usually just sits there a few minutes and does nothing and then says “I’m finished I take bath now” so I walked into his room to get his pajamas and night time diaper out and he came walking into the room and said “Layton make mess bad boy Layton, I sorry mommy” and I thought oh no what did he do and I walked in the bathroom and he had gone in the potty and right next to the potty. I guess he stood up while he was going and part of it ended up on the floor. I quickly reassured him that it was okay and that at least he tried to go in the potty like a big boy and not in the bathtub like he usually does. I praised him over and over and told him once he got out of the bathtub that he needed to go tell daddy that he went potty kind of. We are definitely not potty training by any means but as he shows interest in it we are acting on it. I just don’t ever force him and don’t want him to ever be scared of the potty. He was so sweet and innocent when he looked up and said "I sorry mommy." I love that kid so much :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment