Sunday, February 6, 2011

Snow Day

Last week we had some crazy cold weather.  I think it got down to 19 here one night which is unheard of in South Texas.  I was wishing and hoping for snow or ice all week so we could have a snow day and not have to drive into work in the cold weather and finally on Friday we got a little bit of both.  Schools were all closed here but I wouldn't really call it a snow day because we didn't get much snow but the ice sure made everything glisten in the sunlight Friday morning.  I woke up early to check things out and didn't see much to get excited about so I went back to bed and we all slept in Friday morning which was really nice.  This week Layton has been sleeping until 10:30, 11:00 and even noon one day because he hasn't been feeling well.  Once we got up I went outside and took a few pictures but it is nothing compared to all the snow pictures I have seen from friends and family in Dallas and College Station.  Work was canceled Friday which didn't mean anything for me since I'm off every Friday anyway but at least I know I didn't miss anything.  Here are a few pictures of our South Texas snow day.











No comments:

Post a Comment