Monday, March 14, 2011

I've been busy. . . .



. . . . . sewing and sewing these days.  I've had so much fun making gifts for all my friends that are having babies soon.  Here are a few pictures of the things I've been working on.

My mom actually made this and I helped monogram it.  She is supposed to show me how to do it.  I think they are so cute for a newborn baby girl.  I have bought some more onesies and material to make a few more so I will be making them in the next few weeks.

Clifton finally agreed to let me have a sewing nook in our office (I think he was tired of the mess on the dining room table).  I bought a cute little table and put it in the corner of our office.  I wanted to decorate it a little and make it look nice so one night I stayed up really late and made this reversible sewing machine cover.  I used some fabric scraps and pieced it together.  It was one of the first things I made all by myself without any help from my mom and I think it turned out really cute.  I used this tutorial as my guide.

http://www.stayathomeartist.com/2011/01/reversible-sewing-machine-cover.html

We cleaned out this cabinet in our office so now it is my sewing cabinet.  I have a slight addiction to buying fabric right now and when I see cute fabric I end up buying at least 1/2 yard.  Needless to say I have a stash already and I've only been sewing for 3 months.  I have a list of projects and I'm really going to try and finish the ones I have bought fabric for first before I buy anymore.  I'm not allowing myself to go to Hobby Lobby or Hancock Fabric this week.
I have big plans for this fabric I just love the color combination.  I will post pictures once I'm finished. 
This is for a sweet little girl who is turning 1 this week.  I made this on Saturday night while giving my friend Kellie a sewing lesson on how to make a pillowcase dress.
My mom made this dress but I thought it was too cute not to share.  I found this Easter fabric at Hobby Lobby back in January and I'm glad I bought it when I did because now you can't find it anymore.
I made this last night and it really didn't take me very long.  This is for a sweet coworker who is expecting a baby boy next month.
I made this on Saturday afternoon and I finally tried out a fancy topstitch.  This is also for my coworker.
This is a ruffle butt onesie I made one evening after work.  It was super easy to do.
I started this skirt one Thursday night with my mom and she finished it this week.  I can't wait to make some more of these using different color combinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment