Monday, March 14, 2011

Layton Funnies

Some funny things Layton has been saying and doing lately:

Grammy D (Clifton’s mom) was leaving our house the other day and Layton was outside sitting in the Ranger getting ready to go for a ride with daddy and she said “I love you Layton” and Layton looked up at her and said “I love the ranger!” what a turkey.  He is all boy and loves riding the ranger.  If he is ever resisting naptime I just tell him when he wakes up we will go for a ride and he rolls over and says okay “Layton take a nap, night night mommy.”

Last night Clifton was using the weed eater and blower in the yard and the Layton was watching him through the window and then went and got his stick horse and turned the stick down and said “This is Layton’s blower” and started making the noise using it like a blower.  He wants to be just like daddy and it is too cute.

Last weekend I was in the office sewing and I could hear Layton happily playing in his room so I thought everything was good until I went into his room and saw the big pile of clothes in the middle of his room.  He had emptied every drawer from his dresser and I asked him what happen and he just shrugs his shoulders and starts throwing the clothes up in the air.  Some days I feel like I just clean up messes all day long but I know one day I will look back and wish these days were still here so I'm trying to cherish every little moment with him.

The other night Layton wanted every single stuffed animal in the chair with us for the bedtime stories.  He said they all wanted to read so I just went with it.  He is really into carrying around all of his animals now all the time and wants them all in his bed with him at night.

Layton's new thing is to run around naked after he gets out of the bath and he wants me to chase him before I put his diaper on.  He decided to ride the horse naked the other night Clifton and I were just laughing at him thinking we will probably need these pictures some day to show his girlfriend when he is a teenager.
On Monday evenings I have been taking Layton on runs down the road with me.  I'm usually too tired to get up and go to the gym before work on Mondays so Layton and I get in a good workout together.  He snacks in the stroller while I run.  He loves it!  He gets so excited when I tell him we are going for a ride in the stroller.  He is much heavier this year than he was last year though.  It is a great workout!
The other night I put Layton in bed and stood outside his room once the door was closed because I could hear him talking and he said “I want to see the Grinch” (he sleeps with a stuffed Grinch) “Oh hi Grinch there you are.”  This just cracked me up I couldn’t stop laughing.  He is talking so much these days he will ask a question and then answer it himself.  The days that I’m with him all day he wears me out because he talks non stop all day and repeats everything I say.   He is now repeating everything that he hears on the t.v. and radio.  Needless to say we have been very mindful about what he is hearing because he is soaking it all in.

Tonight Layton grabbed the broom out of the closet and was riding it and he looked up and said "This is Layton's ditch witch."  This kid has a great imagination and knows all of his tractors and construction equipment.  He now corrects me if I don't use the write name. 

This is such a fun age and Layton makes us laugh constantly.  You never know what he is going to say.

My dad took these two pictures of him and I just love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment