Sunday, May 8, 2011

I am blessed. . .

I had a wonderful Mother's Day today.  It started off with Layton bringing me a card and a present to me in bed this morning.  He said "today is mommy's day, happy mother's day mommy."  He is such a sweetie!  I got a kindle and am so excited because I have been wanting one for awhile.  I also got a sweet card from Layton.  Clifton said Layton wanted to buy me a tractor when they went shopping but he convinced Layton that mommy might not want a tractor.  We went to church and then had lunch with both of our mom's and my Grandma Hill (my mom's mother) at Chili's.  I was so glad that we got to celebrate with both of our mom's today.  They are both so special to us.  This afternoon we just hung out at home and rested and relaxed as a family.  Sadly I didn't take one picture today.  I need to start taking some more pictures I have been lazy at this lately.

I feel blessed to be a mommy to such a wonderful little boy and am so thankful for each and everyday with him.  I had such a great example of a loving mother growing up and never realized how much work she did everyday for us until I became a mother myself.  Raising kids is hard work but I know God has equipped me to do it.  I hope I can be the kind of mommy to Layton that my mommy was to me growing up.  Mommy thanks for being such a great example for me all those years!  I love you!

Here is the moment I became a mommy!  Such a happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment