Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Molly's Birth Story

We decided to go ahead and be induced on January 3rd because my doctor said I was still measuring a week ahead and she thought Molly would be a bigger baby.  We drove up to San Antonio early Tuesday morning because we had to be at the hospital at 5 a.m.  I didn't get that much sleep the night before because I was excited, anxious and nervous.  I knew what to expect because I was induced with Layton but I was really praying Molly would come faster than Layton did.  My sister Amanda came and spent the night with us so Layton could sleep in his own bed and she watched him all day on Tuesday for us so all the grandparents could be at the hospital.  We got checked in and everything started that morning.  To my surprise I was already 3 centimeters that morning when they checked me before everything got started.  My labor and delivery nurse was so nice and we realized after talking to her that she was best friends with one of the real estate agents that works for Clifton at his real estate office in La Vernia what a small world.  She was amazing and made our long day so much better always making sure I was comfortable.  They started the pitocin about 6:30 that morning and then my doctor came in about 7 to break my water.  Ouch that hurt worse than the last time.  Molly was extremely high so they had to prop me up just to break my water not fun.  My doctor told me I could get the epidural whenever I wanted so once I started feeling the contractions I decided to go ahead and request it.  They had to pump me with a bag of fluids before I could get the epidural so I asked for that about 8:30.  Around 9 the anesthesiologist came in to give me the epidural.  He said I had a small curve in my spine so they actually ended up sticking me twice before it worked.  The epidural immediately made my right side numb but I could still feel pain on my left side just like last time.  He had to come in and add more medicine to the epidural several times throughout the day on my left side.  My nurse kept turning me from side to side in hopes that Molly would make her way down.  All day I felt like my legs were going to fall off the bed because I had no control I couldn't even move my toes.  My contractions once again were wimpy according to the nurses and not doing much of anything.  They told me I had a very relaxed uterus.  The good thing is Molly was doing awesome all day.  She had a great heartbeat and it never went up or down much and she was kicking me all day long.  I was still only about 4 centimeters around lunch time and I was getting discouraged.  They kept increasing the pitocin and eventually had to place an internal monitor for Molly because I was maxed out on pitocin.  My doctor reassured me that she thought the baby would be here soon.  Finally things started to progress after lunch and about 2:00 my parents, my Grandma and mother-n-law Deborah showed up.  I was finally at 6 centimeters and so happy to be making a little progress.  Over the next two hours I finally dilated to a 10 and then I got nervous all over again as they prepped the room for delivery.  The nurses thought Molly would be here real soon and told me I shouldn't have to push for very long so I was so excited to finally meet her.  I started pushing at 4:00 and Molly Grace was born at 4:23 with the chubbiest cheeks I had ever seen.  The doctor was shocked at how big she was and the nurses were placing bets on how much she weighed.  She came out crying and wide eyed and they immediately put her on my chest.  I cried and cried this time and was so in love with her the minute I saw her.  Clifton cut the cord and we sat their in awe of our sweet blessing that God sent to us.  They weighed her and she weighed 9 lbs. 6 oz. and was 22 inches long.  I couldn't believe I had a baby that big.  This time the delivery and recovery has been so much easier even though she was bigger than Layton.  The nurses got me all cleaned up and I immediately got to feed Molly.  I had to work with her for awhile but she eventually figured it out and did great.  I had Clifton get my mom to come into the room once I was feeding Molly and we all just stared at her and couldn't believe she was here and healthy.  They took her back to the nursery and all my family and Clifton's family went to the windows to watch them give her a bath and check her out.  I was left in the L&D room by myself and I was so overcome with emotion I sat there and cried for a few minutes because I was so happy to have Molly here and that she was fine.  The nurse came in to check on me and I reassured her that they were happy tears.  I was also finally able to eat dinner which was amazing I was so hungry from not eating all day.  Shortly after that the pain began as my epidural wore off and I was still on pitocin for about 2 hours that was not fun.  I could feel everything contracting and asked for some Motrin as soon as I could have it.  Finally my family all came back to the room and my sister arrived with Layton.  He was so curious about all my IVs and wanted to sit with me in my bed.  I was kind of glad that Molly wasn't in the room with us so we could just love on him and talk to him.  Clifton showed him a video of the nurses bathing Molly and he was very interested.  We let him open a few big brother gifts and then we sent them to go have dinner so we could get transferred to our post postpartum room.  Eventually they brought Molly to our room and I fed her again before my family all came in to meet her including Layton.  He was so excited to meet his sister and we all took pictures and let him hold her.  It was a long day and I was in labor exactly 10 hours so a little faster than Layton.  I stayed up really late that night just holding Molly and loving on her and talking to Clifton after everyone left.  We are so thankful for that sweet miracle God blessed us with.  I was talking to my sister I don't see how anyone can not believe in God after having a baby.  They are such sweet miracles!  Here are a bunch of pictures from Molly's birthday!   























No comments:

Post a Comment