Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Telling Amanda and Jerrod Goodbye

Last Thursday Amanda and Jerrod got on a plane and headed back to Kenya until next Christmas.  We went to my parents house on Wednesday night and celebrated my sister's birthday because it was this Monday.  It was hard telling them goodbye especially because it will be almost a year before we see them again.  My poor sister was so sad to tell Molly goodbye because she will be so big and look totally different next time we see them.  Thank goodness we can skype with them throughout the year and talk to them on the phone occasionally.  Layton didn't quite understand why everyone was crying and he very quickly told them goodbye and we were on our way home.  That night was a rough night for Molly and I and she was up multiple times crying and crying so it was an emotional night for me too as I thought about Amanda and Jerrod leaving the next morning.  I'm so thankful that God called them to do this though and they are truly living their dream.  So many people have come together to support their ministries and it is amazing to see what God has already done through them.  I'm so excited to see how He will use them this year in Kenya.  It is not easy to leave your family like they have and start a new life across the world.  We love you Amanda and Jerrod and we are so thankful for all the time we got to spend together during the holidays.  We made lots of great memories!  Amanda you were a huge help to me with both kids and I wish you were still here so you could hold Molly while I get some stuff done around the house :) 



























1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting the pictures. It was a sad goodbye, but I'm glad it's over. Now we can Skype weekly :) I miss y'all terribly! Give your little ones my love!!!

    I love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete