Wednesday, August 8, 2012

This Week

Sunday night Layton got to camp in the driveway in my parents motor home with Nana and Papa.  My parents have been telling him that they would do that one night so they finally did.  He had more fun!  The next day he woke up from his nap crying because he wanted to go back to their house.  I think he likes the constant attention they give him and the unlimited amounts of ice cream they let him have :)  I'm so thankful to have all the grandparents around so close so our kids can spend time with them regularly. 

We have stayed home a lot this week so I've been trying to get creative with keeping Layton entertained all day.  We got the sidewalk chalk out one day and I drew him all kinds of roads for him to ride his bike on and his trucks.  He had more fun with this and of course he loves playing in the dirt.  What little boy doesn't?



 I made home made pizza crust last night and it was delicious!  I doubled the recipe so now we have some in the freezer for next time.  I love having more time to cook in the evenings now that I'm home and not rushing in from work.

I love babies right out of the bathtub.  Nothing better than snuggling a sweet smelling baby!


 Today we did a science project in the kitchen.  We used water and oil and food coloring.  I found the idea on pinterest and it was pretty cool it looked like fireworks when you added the food coloring.  Layton was impressed and it was super easy and no mess :)

Molly woke up first from her afternoon nap so we snuggled on the couch until Layton woke up.  The last two days both kids have napped at the same time.  I managed to snooze on the couch myself for a little while today.  Love these two kiddos so much!  So thankful I get to spend my days with them.


1 comment:

  1. Blog hopping from Lucy's! Your children are precious and that pizza looks AMAZING! I think I will have that for lunch now:)

    Enjoying your blog...

    ReplyDelete